Thursday 13 September 2012

What's in my current makeup bag?

Obviously I have an unhealthy appetite for cosmetics, so the one's that make it into my daily cosmetics bag have the highest of honours worthy of king makeup items. Funnily enough, on a daily basis I don't wear any makeup at all, but on occasions that I do, I'm the biggest sucker for the most natural "No makeup, makeup" look that screams effortless! In my current beauty bag, I keep a selection of basics that give me that extra glow and radiance I love 

 I purchased this bag from Myer for $15, I love how it's sturdy, waterproof, not too big and has lasted me almost a year now! 

 So this all fits snuggly into my makeup bag, amazing, no? I usually change around items once a month so I can use up the rest of my makeup collection and reduce wastage (shopping my stash). 
Normally in my makeup bag I keep: 
 a foundation
concealer
primer
blush
green stick (always)
bronzer
powder
lip stain
mascara
cream eye shadow
brow kit
and highlighter
 Right now, I'm loving this combo of MAC's paint pot in "GROUNDWORK" (which is a browny mauve that  blends right into my eyelids giving a completely natural and invisible shadow in my crease and outer corners) and Benefit's Creaseless cream eyeshadow in "SIPPIN N' DIPPIN" which is a peach champagne colour that looks so pretty on the centre of the lid & gives almost a 3D effect making my blue eyes stand out!
A lip balm in my beauty bag is a must, and at the moment i'm digging the EOS lip balms, especially the SWEET MINT flavoured one :) And for a pop of ze colour I also love the new Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm stain in HONEY , it's so moisturising and give a my lips but better effect for a more healthy overall look. 


 Okay can we just take a moment to thank the beauty heavens for this product ♥ ☼  
I purchased this in Feb (2012) and my golly gosh, my other bronzers just can't keep up. It's Chanel's SOLEIL TAN DE CHANEL "bronzing base", which I use as a bronzer every single day. It is kind of like a cream/mousse to powder product, that can be used to contour your cheek bones, blend into your temples for a sun-kissed glow, on the bridge of your nose and my personal fav on the sides of your nose (looks like you've been on the Island in a season of Lost). I just love it, it gives the most natural finish (not dewey, but more of a sheen). However be careful to not apply too much because it is slightly orange based (snooki say whaaaat?) so you definitely get a bang for your buck, I haven't even gone through the little knob at the top of the product! 
Totes Fetch. 
 So these are my current complexion holy grails! From left to right, is BECCA's Compact Concealer in the shade Torrone, which has a pink-toned darker shade on the left for covering dark under eyes, and a lighter colour for blemishes and cover ups! I love how it doesn't crease and stays put all day long 
Next, is MAC's FACE AND BODY in the shade C2, perfect tone for my skin (they have a great colour range). It is the lightest of MAC foundations, perfect for summer and daily makeup, giving a dewey tone correcting finish, letting your natural skin shine through. 
Next, is MAC's PRO LONGWEAR CONCEALER in the shade NC20, which I use on any redness or blemishes on my face. I can assure you, you won't be disappointed with the lasting power on this concealer! Plus - mac have great colour ranges for al skin tones. Minus- the pump give out way too much product at a time. 
And finally I've got MAC's MINERALIZE SKIN FINISH NATURAL in Medium, which I really only use to matte my face if I feel too shiny, but personally I love a dewey finish so I use this sparingly on my T zone area! 
 So these are items that pretty much always remain in my beauty bag: 
My Maybelline COVER STICK CONCEALER in the green shade! I am a picker, so I have a couple pimple scars that are slightly more red or darker than my skin tone. I apply this little baby after I moisturise and prime, and dab it on scars that I need covering and just blend with my ring finger until there is no obvious green left. Then you just whack on some foundation and wallah, your scars are gone! 
Now you are probable saying, why on earth do you need 2 primers in your beauty bag Sarah... Well let me explain amigo. I use my Stilla ONE STEP CORRECT on my T-zone (over my nose, forehead, under eyes and chin to correct and even my skin tone (the green, pink and purple correct uneven skin tones) and my Benefit THAT GAL primer on my cheek bones, forehead and temples because it has light reflecting particles that attracts light in those areas for a luminous glow.
 Next I have My Maybelline FULL N' SOFT mascara, my holy grail mascara that triumphs over all my high end mascaras for the most natural lash that is lengthened and each lash is really defined (making you look like you have more eyelashes). 
And of course my Benefit BROWS A-GO-GO kit, to make my blonde eyebrows a little darker to frame my face. 
And last, but not least, my love of the moment, the Daniel Sandler Water Colour Fluid Blush !! All you need is a drop onto a buffing/stippling brush, & blend on your both cheekbones evenly for a natural flush of colour without the dreaded powdery look. The colour I'm using at the mo, is Cherub. It's so fetch...... I need to stop using fetch, it's just not going to happen.

Love, 
            rubysare 

No comments:

Post a Comment